About P.S. 10K
Welcome to PS10 Brooklyn!
We are public elementary school serving students in grades K-5 in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn. We are proud to be a place where all children can grow, learn, and thrive.
We are a neighborhood school…but we are far from ordinary! Here’s what makes us different:
- A strong focus on math, science, arts, and design, with special facilities and unique enrichment activities that support and extend learning.
- A hands-on, inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning called Project-Based Learning (PBL) that supports development of critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- An inclusive, barrier-free environment with plenty of supports to help children with physical, emotional, learning, or language differences succeed.
- A proud tradition of active family involvement and a strong PTA that supports our academic, enrichment, and intervention programs.
- Shared space with the K280 Pre-K program.
The Magnet School of Math, Science & Design Technology
While we are no longer officially part of the Magnet School grant program, the legacy of our grant lives on. Our students benefit from a highly trained professional staff, access to additional technology resources and state-of-the-art facilities, and an enriched curriculum focused on math, science, arts and design. Some of our unique facilities and programs include:
- A state-of-the-art library with more than 15,000 books
- Special programs and residencies in art, dance, and theater
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programs and activities through FaceLab, including Lego Robotics
- Two state-of-the-art science labs (for grades K-2 and 3-5)
- A technology-infused curriculum supported by rolling carts, updated computers in the library, and smart boards in every classrooms at PS 10 and K280.
- Grades: K-5
- ~960 students
- 90 Teachers/225 Full Time Staff
- 7 Special Needs Classrooms (2 self-contained, 5 ICT)
If you would like to tour our school, call Madeline Seide (718.965.1190 ext. 2132) or fill out our Tour Sign Up Form
PS10 offers children a high-quality, standards-based and inclusive education in a diverse and barrier-free environment. We provide thoughtful and rigorous instruction which enables children to become inquisitive, lifelong learners.
Our dedicated and expertly trained staff strives to help each child reach his/her full potential in literacy, mathematics, science, technology and the arts. We promote critical and analytical thinking that encourages individual and collaborative problem solving. We also set clear expectations based upon a rigorous academic curriculum, which allows students to create authentic work which meets and exceeds the standards.
We honor and model hard work, cooperation, effort, kindness, honesty, responsibility, tolerance and integrity of character, all of which create a vibrant atmosphere for children to grow, flourish and appreciate one another.
We are located in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn at 511 7thAve.