We hope you and yours are well during this challenging time.
Enrollment procedures for the 2021-2022 school year
We look forward to partnering with you to meet your child’s academic needs during this public health crisis. We understand that it is a challenging time and we hope to support you through the pre-registration process.
Please follow the steps below to ensure your child is enrolled in Prek 280 and/or P.S. 10
Pre-K Admissions to School of Journeys @ the Bishop Ford Complex for 2021 - 22
Pre-K applications are available starting February 24, 2021 for September 2021
In New York City, children begin pre-K in the calendar year they turn four. If you have a child born in 2017, you will apply to pre-K this winter and your child will begin pre-K in September 2021. Scroll down to learn more about pre-K admissions.
The pre-K application will open on February 24, 2021, and the deadline to apply is April 7. During the application period, you can apply online or by phone. Here's what you can do now:
- Sign up for the pre-K admissions email list(Open external link). We'll send you updates, tips, and reminders throughout the process.
- Throughout the admissions process, you'll use MySchools.nyc(Open external link) to learn about pre-K programs, apply, get your offer, and learn about waitlists. Before the application opens you can:
- To learn more about K280 School of Journeys (15K863) located at 500 19 th street please contact Gaylene Menelas, Parent Coordinator at 718.499.4450 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Admissions for the 2021-2022 School Year
Every five-year-old New York City resident (this includes students who have temporarily moved out of New York City during the COVID-19 pandemic) is guaranteed a seat in a public school kindergarten program. Children start kindergarten in the September of the calendar year they turn five. If your child was born in 2016, you will apply to kindergarten this winter, and your child will start kindergarten in Fall 2021.
We welcome all of the following to apply to kindergarten: current pre-K students at DOE public schools, Pre-K Centers, NYC Early Education Centers, charter schools, and private and parochial schools; students with disabilities; students with accessibility needs; students learning English; students in temporary housing; and LGBTQ and gender nonconforming students.
You can submit your kindergarten application one of two ways:
- Online with MySchools(Open external link) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, Russian, Arabic, Urdu, Haitian Creole, Korean, or French. We’ll let you know when the application opens and you can apply online!
- By phone at 718-935-2009. If you are applying by phone, interpretation services are available in more than 200 languages.
Kindergarten admissions is not first come, first served—all applications submitted online, by phone, or in person by the deadline will be treated the same based on admissions priorities.
2021-2022 Admission Process for Zoned Students in Grades 1-5
Because of the pandemic, schools are unable to pre-register students in person.
If you live in the PS 10 zone and would like to register a child in grades 1-5, it is important to contact the Parent Coordinator, Ms. Maddie Seide at email@example.com.
Please provide the student’s full name, date of birth, and home address. After receiving this information, we will email you with further online pre-registration information.